WHAT IS COACHING?
Exclusive Nutrition Coaching
Feeling sluggish and lethargic? Tried everything before to lose weight/feel good without success? Wondering what to do next?
Ask yourself this question:
Who needs a coach?
Answer – The most successful people in the word all have a coach/mentor for a reason. They can’t achieve greatness alone and get so much more out of themselves with a coach than they could ever do alone. Do you want to achieve greatness with my help?
I’ve become an expert in Nutritional Coaching since going through my own struggles.
I take pleasure in using my expertise to help others lose weight, keep it off, rid themselves of that permanently bloated feeling, combat food intolerances and to fight against a host of gut related symptoms such as acne, rosacea, blocked sinuses, acid reflux, digestive issues etc.
I enjoy passing on my knowledge of the food industry to allow you to make more informed choices about which foods to eat and why and how they impact upon your body, so that you may use this information to the benefit of yourself and your family.
I had help reaching my goal, let me help you reach yours.
Is Nutritional Coaching just about losing weight?
No. It can also be about beating your addictions, changing your habits, switching your diet from processed to clean food, learning about nutrition, identifying food intolerances and much more!
Wouldn’t I know if I had food intolerances?
Not always. Many symptoms are viewed as ‘normal’, especially if they have been there for some time. In many cases, these ‘normal’ feelings are food intolerances. Many foods, including those touted as ‘healthy’ can cause symptoms.
Am I going to be sold the latest fad shake ‘diet?
No. Fad shakes are unsustainable. My coaching involves eating real food, all of the time. You may be surprised to find yourself eating more, not less!
SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE
- Working towards goals is most easily accomplished with the support and guidance of a caring person
- It’s essential to have an objective individual serve this purpose
- Friends and family are often too close to the issue to see it objectively or not interject their own desires
- Difficult feedback can also seem hurtful when given by someone close to you rather than an objective observer
- Keeping clients accountable
- Challenging clients
- May ask you ‘difficult’ questions
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Help clients change behaviours that contribute to poor health
- Help client with other factors contributing to poor health
- Previously diagnosed illnesses
- Biochemical imbalances
- Nutritional deficiencies
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
Differences between Certified Transformational Nutrition Coaches (CTNC’s) and Registered Dieticians (RD’s)
- CTNC’s focus more on whole unprocessed, natural foods and nutritious foods
- RD’s focus on the government’s Eat Well Plate
- CTNC’s approach is individual centred
- CTNC’s aren’t following protocols
- CTNC’s don’t just give recommendations based on medical associations, but look at the whole person instead
PSYCHOLGICAL AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
- Psychological and spiritual concepts are especially relevant in coaching
- Coaches need to know how to integrate them, techniques to use and how to know when to use them
- We uncover roots of emotional numbing
- We uncover patterns that maintain poor habits and choices
ROOTS OF EMOTIONAL NUMBING
Emotional numbing comes in many guises:
- Emotional eating
- Drug addictions
- Video Games
- Social Media
- The behaviour isn’t the problem, its when the behaviour is used to numb out feelings
- It’s when you do these behaviours to try to numb a feeling repeatedly, rather than to enjoy the pleasure of the experience
WHY DO PEOPLE NUMB EMOTIONALLY?
- Lacking tools to process emotions
- Not willing to process emotions
- Many trace back to childhood: How we were treated; What our relationships were like; Our beliefs about appropriate ways to cope
- Rarely develops out of nowhere: Usually a reaction to something; Example – after a significant stressor like the loss of a parent or divorce
- Emotions seen as unacceptable
- Financial and emotional deprivation
- Too much or too little nurturing
- Negative thinking
SIGNS OF EMOTIONAL NUMBING
- Conducting the behaviour in private or secret
- Feeling guilty after doing the behaviour
- Hiding evidence
- Constantly about the behaviour
Can I afford coaching?
I have tailored packages to meet your own circumstances. I would encourage you to ask yourself: “What price is my health and happiness?” whilst considering your current spend on nights out, fast food and other ‘treats’. My clients have actually saved money whilst paying for my coaching.
Discover how coaching can help you succeed where you have failed before –
Contact me now